The team at Iffley Road tell us this is one of their favourite times of year for running – from bright frosty starts, freezing fog to lashing rain. “Gilets have long been one of our personal staples for these conditions, perfect for keeping the core warm without overheating. “
Part of their 2020 product range the newly launched Sheen II Gilet might just fill the gap in your running apparel as we have face those training days that aren’t freezing but you need more than a teeshirt. Claiming to fold down into it’s own pocket means you can carry it should the weather turn for the better!
Iffley Road: “So we’re delighted to introduce the latest version of our award-winning Sheen gilet. While we don’t like to mess with a winning product too much we’ve made a few minor enhancements, removing the fabric collar and zip lining for a sleeker look and lengthening it very slightly. We’ve also introduced a version with a high contrast orange zip”.
“Sheen maintains our principles of great fabrics, elegantly cut. It is made from a highly technical three layer Italian soft-shell, incorporating an Event® membrane, providing excellent waterproofing, windproofing and breathability. The gilet weighs in at just 125g (medium) and stows neatly into its back pocket”.
- Lightweight triple-layer Italian softshell fabric
- Industry-leading eVent® membrane
- Stowaway back pocket with double puller zip and drainage eyelet
- Reflective piping above rear pocket
- Lightly elasticated armholes and hem for optimal fit
- Water resistance: 20000 mmH20 (ISO 811)
- Breathability: >20000 g/mq/24h
- Air permeability (wind resistance): <2 L/MQ/Sec (ISO 9237)
- Machine wash at 30ºC
Additional features include: fully taped seams; signature tri-stripe hanging loop and discreetly embossed Iffley Road roundel.
RRP £135 at iffleyroad.com