361° launches a new version of the Spire shoe. Build quality remains high and well finished. The upper knit finish is striking and feels durable and features a well padded heel holding your foot snug. Straight out of the box the grip on your foot is very noticeable and comfortable. Firm and secure.
Firm is the feel for most things with the Spire 4. The outer with a multitude of QU!K technology feels firm and stable. After a good few miles the feel still remains firm and there is limited wear. This has been typical for previous 361° models I have used. The shoes have a responsive feel which will encourage you to pick up the pace!
This 4th version of the top of the range neutral now provides even more comfort through new midsole materials and an updated Ortholite insole which is made of 20% recycled materials.
The Spire 4 is a very capable all round performing shoe that feels good and looks smart. On one outing I was passed by a (much older!) runner who pointed at my shoes and stated they were rare racing shoes! I thanked him as he disappeared down the pathway. A sign that people are aware of the brand here in the UK, and recognise them in the wild!
My only issue really with the shoe is the initial price which puts them in the higher end of the market but I am still using some of the original test shoes from a few years ago which are holding up admirably. So build quality is not an issue.
I rather like the reflective SPIRE text on the back of the heel. Nice!
As with the previous 361° models these come with a thumbs up and are well worth tracking down a pair for trying out. Find out more at their website here.
• Uppers features a breathable knitted material
• MORPHIT construction in the mid-foot and heel to provide a comfortable, secure and supportive environment
• Pressure Free Tongue is designed to provide comfort and avoid irritation
• Ortholite insoles utilise 20% recycled content while still retaining the performance fit
• The QU!K Spine is a carbon fiberglass shank that adds linear integrity to the mid-foot
• QU!K Flex 4Foot Engineering provides a natural and balanced toe-off and enhances ground contact
• QU!K Spring+, an EVA foam designed to provide more rebound and comfort in a lightweight package
• QU!KFOAM, a midsole material comprised of an EVA rubber blend with PU coating that provides excellent durability, cushioning and responsiveness
- Size: 7-13, 14
- Weight: 286g
- Drop: 9mm
- Stack: F/F: 16.2mm R/F: 25.2mm
- Price: € 159,99