Zwift, the global online training platform, has today announced a partnership with adidas to bring the #Hometeamhero challenge on Zwift. Connect to the adidas run app and donate activity minutes, either ride or run, to the hometeam heroes challenge to help fight COVID 19. Each hour of activity adidas will donate $1 to the World Health Organisation with the cumulative goal being 1 million hours.
From 29 May to 7 June, sign up to events on Zwift with special guests in both cycling and running or just log your miles to count towards the mission. Find out how to connect the adidas app to your Zwift account in this helpful Youtube video here. Join events to ride and run with the community and help raise money for COVID-19 relief. Adidas wants to keep the world moving, raising money and hope by donating to the COVID-19 Response Fund. Zwift is just one way that people can make their exercise count. Read more about the mission here.
Zwift and adidas are using this challenge to keep its communities healthy, active and connected as the world begins to transition to what’s next. The #Hometownhero challenge provides an opportunity for people to lace up, contribute and support the front liners by making every hour of exercise count.
This challenge is the latest in adidas’ collaboration-orientated response to keep its communities healthy, active and connected as the world begins to transition into what’s next.
And it is a part of adidas ongoing efforts to help ensure relief is distributed to where it’s needed most, having produced hundreds of thousands of face shields for U.S. healthcare workers in collaboration with Carbon, making a direct €3 million donation & further donating €2 for every item over €20 purchased online to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organisation, and ongoing provision of masks to medical communities in South Korea, Europe and the United States.
Joining the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge:
- Download the adidas Running or adidas Training app (IOS or Android) and create an account, or log in with an existing account
- (Optional): Connect Garmin/Polar/Suunto/Zwift account with the account in the adidas Running app
- Sign up to the #HOMETEAM Heroes Challenge from 18 May
- Log activities within the global challenge window of 29 May – 7 June and adidas will donate $1 for every hour logged to a total of one million hours
- Track sports activities with the eligible sports types (running, training (adidas Training app), walking, cycling, strength training, aerobics, treadmill, ergometer, hiking, mountain-biking, yoga, elliptical, inline skating, Nordic walking, race cycling, wheel-chairing, trail running, handcycling, spinning, virtual running, virtual cycling, skateboarding, soccer, basketball, dancing, tennis, rugby, boxing)
For More Information, Visit adidas.com/hometeamhero