Craft, famed for their sportswear and shoes, now includes the Craft Elite Run Team. The newly formed world-class outfit will compete all over the world in various long-distance events, focusing primarily on trail races. In addition, the runners will be deeply involved in the development of new shoes and apparel for both training and racing.
Craft Elite Run Team is part of the Swedish sports brand’s engagement in running, especially ultra- and trail running. The Craft Elite Run Team runners will train and compete in the CTM Ultra Carbon shoe as well as the upcoming race version CTM Ultra Carbon Race Rebel.
Meet the team
- Tommy Rivs – ultrarunner based in Flagstaff, USA, who has been part of the Craft family since 2020.
- Jacob Puzey – American ultrarunner who boasts numerous ultrarunning wins, course records, and FKTs but is probably best known for his 50-mile treadmill world record of 4:57.
- Tessa Chesser – American long-distance trail runner who in 2019 placed 2nd at the Penyagolosa 110K and 3rd at Run Rabbit Run 100 mile.
- EmKay Sullivan – American distance runner, coach and Olympic Trials qualifier who aim to make her move into the ultra-distances.
- Manuela Vilaseca – Brazilian ultrarunner who has twice finished top 10 at UTMB, finished 5th at the 2019 TDS and who has won several TNF Challenges.
- David Laney – American distance runner with a 3rd and 4th place finish at Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, 2019 winner of Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile and 2:17 marathoner.
- Alexander Holmblad – Swedish runner with a background in track who has transitioned to longer distances on the road and in more challenging terrain
A very competitive team
“It’s extremely exciting to launch such a competitive team as the Craft Elite Run Team and it will be very interesting to follow the runners in races across the world,” says Craft’s Product & Marketing Director Daniel Högling.
“Their contribution to our product development is and will be invaluable, which we experienced when Tommy Rivs was involved in shaping the CTM Ultra Carbon into the high-class running shoe it is today.”
You can find out more at the Craft website.