Spartan, the obstacle course race events company (OCR) and endurance brand, has announced its UK race calendar for the 2021 season. Five race weekends spread across three countries.
So far it’s been a forgettable race season and Spartan aim to bounce back stronger than ever. They have two events still planned this year (Windsor, 10th and 11th October and South East, 7th and 8th November), as well as the new 2021 race calendar. Plenty for OCR (and trail running) fans to look forward to.
- Spartan will feature two ‘Trifecta weekends’:
- Sprint (5K, 20 obstacles)
- Super (10K, 25 obstacles)
- Beast (21K, 30 obstacles)
Whilst most racers will take on one distance over the weekend, some will be looking to earn their Trifecta by completing all 3 distances. Those who are successful will join the prestigious ‘Trifecta Tribe’ and earn a spot to represent the UK at the Trifecta World Championships in Sparta, Greece on 4-7 November 2021.
Spartan have developed a set of guidelines that will ensure the welfare and protection of participants. Measures include: plenty of hand cleaning and sanitisation stations; temperature testing and screening for racers, volunteers and staff; reduced heat sizes; and strict capacity monitoring.
Check out their early bird pricing for some good savings. They have also announced a transparent ticket pricing policy for 2021 meaning that it will become apparent each time prices are set to rise, ensuring customers know how long they have until the next price increase.
New trail runs for 2021
Spartan will also be entering the UK trail running market for the first time. Three 10K and Half-Marathon trail events are scheduled for 2021, all of which will feature stretches of rugged terrain, picturesque views and natural obstacles, such as river crossings, scrambles, log hops and much more.
Spartan UK and Ireland Managing Director, Matt Brooke said: “We are really excited to announce the schedule for the highly anticipated 2021 race season, showcasing five of our most stunning venues to our Spartan community as well as any new racers looking to join us along the way. It is our mission to inspire as many people as possible to realise their fitness goals by offering a variety of new and exciting experiences, such as our brand new trail series, each season. It’s been a difficult year for everyone but looking ahead to 2021 and what we have planned, we can’t wait for our loyal racers, partners and volunteers to experience the Spartan race day they have been longing for and deserve.”
Full 2021 race calendar:
- 19th/20th June: Glanusk Estate, in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, Wales – first Trifecta weekend, featuring Sprint (5K, 20 obstacles), Super (10K, 25 obstacles) and Beast (21K, 30 obstacles) races and inaugural 10K and Half-Marathon trail events
- 24th/25th July: Marston Lodge, Market Harborough – Sprint (5K, 20 obstacles) or Super (10K, 25 obstacles) and 10K trail events
- 25th/26th September: Hopetoun Estate, outskirts of Edinburgh, Scotland – Sprint (5K, 20 obstacles), Beast (21K, 30 obstacles) and the only Ultra (50K, 60 obstacles) in the 2021 calendar for those who really want to test themselves
- 9th/10th October: Pippingford Park, South East England – Second Trifecta weekend, featuring Sprint (5K, 20 obstacles), Super (10K, 25 obstacles) and Beast (21K, 30 obstacles), as well as 10K and Half-Marathon trail events
- 11th December: Twickenham Stadium, London – second ever Spartan Stadion (5K, 20 obstacles) in the UK, following the record-breaking, sell-out inaugural event in 2019.
All venues will also host kids races, featuring smaller versions of Spartans signature obstacles.
Visit https://www.spartanrace.uk/en for more information and registration.