The UTMB World Series calendar has been confirmed for 2023, totalling 34 events around the globe.
The final two races to be added are both in the USA.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary in Fruita, Colorado, Desert RATS™ Trail Running Festival™ by UTMB ® will welcome runners of all abilities across five distances from the 14-16 April, while from 22-24 September, Grindstone Trail Running Festival™ by UTMB® will offer one of the toughest challenges on the East Coast of the Shenandoah Valley in Staunton, Virginia.
The announcement follows the news last that The Canyons Endurance Runs™ by UTMB was selected as the UTMB World Series Major in the Americas for 2023.
Runners in North America now have even more chances to live the UTMB experience on their home trails, with six events across the continent confirmed, the others being Puerto Vallarta Mexico by UTMB®, Speedgoat™ Mountain Races by UTMB ® and Western States® 100-Mile Endurance Run.
From strength to strength
In the UTMB World Series’ second year, runners will be able to choose from 34 events in total across the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania to start their journey to the UTMB World Series Finals, held in the UTMB (100M), CCC (100K), and OCC (50K) races of UTMB Mont-Blanc.
After 25 events this year, the inaugural UTMB World Series concluded last weekend with the Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko™ by UTMB in Australia.
In total, 56,097 runners took to the trails around the world at a UTMB World Series event in 2022, with 103,315 Running Stones awarded for their efforts as part of the ultimate quest to reach the UTMB World Series Finals at the home of trail running, UTMB Mont-Blanc.
The 2023 UTMB World Series schedule
- Tarawera Ultramarathon™ by UTMB® (New Zealand), 11-12 February
- Amazean Jungle Thailand by UTMB ® (Thailand), 17-19 February
- Istria 100™ by UTMB® (Croatia), 13-16 April
- Desert RATS™ Trail Running Festival™ by UTMB® (USA), 15-16 April
- AMERICAN MAJOR: The Canyons Endurance Runs™ by UTMB® (USA), 28-29 April
- Transvulcania by UTMB® (Spain), 4-6 May
- Ultra-Trail Australia™ by UTMB® (Australia), 11-14 May
- Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB®(Wales), 12-14 May
- Valhöll Argentina by UTMB® (Argentina), 12-14 May
- Trail Alsace Grand Est by UTMB® (France), 18-21 May
- Mountain Ultra-Trail™ by UTMB® (South Africa), 26-28 May
- Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB® (France), 3-4 June
- mozart 100™ by UTMB® (Austria), 17-18 June
- La Sportiva® Lavaredo Ultra-Trail® by UTMB ® (Italy), 22-25 June
- Trail 100 Andorra™ by UTMB® (Andorra), 24-25 June
- Western States® 100-Mile Endurance Run (USA), 24-25 June
- EUROPEAN MAJOR: Val d’Aran by UTMB® (Spain), 6-9 July
- Restonica Trail by UTMB® (France), 6-8 July
- Trail Verbier Saint-Bernard by UTMB® (Switzerland), 7-9 July
- Eiger Ultra Trail™ by UTMB®(Switzerland), 12-16 July
- Speedgoat™ Mountain Races by UTMB® (USA), 21-22 July
- KAT100™ by UTMB® (Austria), 3-5 August
- UTMB® WORLD SERIES FINALS: UTMB® Mont-Blanc (France, Italy, Switzerland), 28 August – 3 September
- Julian Alps Trail Run by UTMB® (Slovenia), 8-10 September
- Wildstrubel by UTMB® (Switzerland), 14-17 September
- Paraty Brazil by UTMB ® (Brazil), 22-24 September
- Grindstone Trail Running Festival™ by UTMB® (USA) 22-24 September
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB® (France), 28 September – 1 October
- TransJeju by UTMB® (South Korea), 7-8 October
- Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB® (Mexico), 3-4 November
- Kullamannen™ by UTMB® (Sweden), 3-4 November
- TransLantau™ by UTMB® (Hong Kong), November
- ASIA-PACIFIC MAJOR: Doi Inthanon Thailand by UTMB® (Thailand), 8-10 December
- Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko™ by UTMB® (Australia), December