The UTMB World Series headed to Brazil for the first time with Paraty Brazil by UTMB at the weekend.
The municipality in the state of Rio de Janeiro hosted UTMB World Series races across three categories and saw a host of domestic talent secure medals.
Rogerio Silvestrin and Giovanna Martins triumphed in the respective men’s and women’s 100K race, while Chile’s Nicolas Ignacio Benavides Bohle was the only foreign winner as he took victory in the men’s 50K.
Silvestrin has recorded a number of wins in Brazil over the last three years while Martins took fourth at the UTMB MCC last month – a result she also achieved in 2021 – and was a top-25 finisher at the UTMB CCC in 2022.
Both 100K podiums comprised purely of Brazilian runners, with Silvestrin completing the 110km race through the Atlantic Forest in 11:54:38.
He was well over half an hour clear of Diego Silva, who bested Claudio Clasen Schlindwein by just more than 20 minutes.
The women’s 100K was a much tighter affair, with Martins crossing the line in 13:56:06 – just over two minutes ahead of Ivania Rambo. Susany Perardt completed the top three more than hour further back.
The men’s 50K produced three foreign podium finishers, with Benavides Bohle covering the 55km route in 11:54:38 to overcome compatriot Nicolas Palacios and Argentina’s Ezequiel Alexis Pauluzak.
Palacios was just under four minutes adrift of Benavides Bohle, but needed to work hard to hold onto second as Pauluzak came home only 11 seconds later
In the women’s 50K, Brazilians reigned supreme once again as Francieli Kiekow finished in 6:32:43. Second-place Ana Paula Silveira was around 45 minutes behind Kiekow and just over two minutes ahead of third-place Rovana Lampert.
Ayslan Miragaia and Mariana Scarpelli were the two winners in the PTR 35 – the longer of the two 20K races – while Eduardo De Brito Ramos and Leticia Saltori were victorious in the shorter PTR 20.
Paraty Brazil was one of two UTMB World Series events over the weekend, with Grindstone also taking place in the USA.
Paraty Brazil by UTMB results
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 100K (UTSB 110) men’s results
- Rogerio Silvestrin (BRA) – 11:54:38
- Diego Silva (BRA) – 12:32:20
- Claudio Clasen Schlindwein (BRA) – 12:53:50
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 100K (UTSB 110) women’s results
- Giovanna Martins (BRA) – 13:56:06
- Ivania Rambo (BRA) – 13:58:09
- Susany Perardt (BRA) – 15:01:37
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 50K (PTR 55) men’s results
- Nicolas Ignacio Benavides Bohle (CHL) – 5:37:16
- Nicolas Palacios (CHL) – 5:41:25
- Ezequiel Alexis Pauluzak (ARG) – 5:41:36
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 50K (PTR 55) women’s results
- Francieli Kiekow (BRA) – 6:32:43
- Ana Paula Silveira (BRA) – 7:17:05
- Rovana Lampert (BRA) – 7:19:15
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 20K (PTR 35) men’s results
- Ayslan Miragaia (BRA) – 2:54:54
- Andre Luiz Mapa (BRA) – 2:59:13
- Cesar Picinin (BRA) – 3:04:54
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 20K (PTR 35) women’s results
- Mariana Scarpelli (BRA) – 3:19:52
- Ligia Silveira de Almeida (BRA) – 3:31:54
- Maria Hillmann (BRA) – 3:32:26
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 20K (PTR 20) men’s results
- Eduardo De Brito Ramos (BRA) – 1:49:51
- Nahuel Luengo (ARG) – 1:51:58
- Joao Fernando Accioly Da Luz – 1:59:54
Paraty Brazil by UTMB 20K (PTR 20) women’s results
- Leticia Saltori (BRA) – 2:14:54
- Bianca Ferreira (BRA) – 2:20:09
- Gabriela Leticia (BRA) – 2:20:47
Full results available HERE.